Monday, June 15, 2009

Two Interesting Articles on Public Opinion

Obama's Issues Crumbling by Dick Morris: Here, Morris shows us [Democrats] that while Obama's approval rating and favorability numbers are high in the sky, when it comes to issues, the tide is turning on the Democrats. While the numbers are correct, I don't buy into everything Mr. Morris says; however, there is some cause for concern. Democrats (in the House, Senate, and President Obama himself) must make sure that what happened to President Clinton in 1994 does not repeat itself in 2010. I will, hopefully, have some rebuttal and further comment on Mr. Morris' piece in the coming days.

Repeat the Question by Stan Greenberg: Greenberg, a former pollster and adviser to President Bill Clinton, prophesizes on the healthcare debate through the lens of the 1993 healthcare debate. He does a very impressive job showing the similarities and why Democrats need to worry about this debate (see piece above, as well.) I wish Democracy Corps (who did the polling) would release the entire poll with crosstabs; however, they do provide a pretty impressive presentation (click here to access.) In the coming days, I will, hopefully, be sorting through the data to see if there is anything interesting that Greenberg didn't note in his very through piece. But, I am sure that this is an issue that will not go away, and one that will say a lot about the 2010 midterms.

PS - More polling data/analysis to come in the next few days. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment